Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Working at Brown Dog Bindery

I thought I would add some photos of my own Brown Dog Bindery in Smyrna, Tennessee.

The studio with overflowing in boxes...




Today I am cutting paper for three book blocks that I will bind on to cords in preparation for my first weekend with Bob at The Gilded Leaf.



Taking a break: Lunch in the Bindery



I also have a few commissions to work on today; designing & burning covers...




Some quick shots of the shop. It's very cold out there so not a lot happening right now but you can see my mess from warmer days:


pile of milled wood from the peach tree that I cut down over the summer, boxes of pre-cut book covers hanging out over the table saw, my drill press with a scary looking bit hanging there like a snaggle-tooth, and my propane torch which comes in handy when you want to scorch something.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment